The M. Hulot blog has moved to our new website! Please click here or visit mhulot.co.uk/blog.

Last trip to Cottonopolis...

7/26/2013 09:53:00 am








I,ve just come back from two days spent at my factory in Manchester, before they move their small production unit up to London. The reason for my visit was to oversee production of one of our more detailed and premium pieces, The Nova Flap Shopper.

This bucket shaped bag will soon be available to buy on our own website, as well as at the wonderful youngbritishdesigners.com

All M.Hulot pieces made in the UK are crafted and hand finished by skilled leather workers and this particular shape requires rather a lot of attention. Watching the highly experienced, Rathna, as he moulds, hammers and hand stitches is a leather lovers dream!

Inspired by the industrial past of Manchester, and on my very last visit, I decided to take a little trip around the city. Having viewed the city from above, when riding on the tram way, I wanted to walk amongst the old industrial buildings. On my travels I came across the perfect image of a city embracing both its past and present.

Manchester I will miss you!

A


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images