The M. Hulot blog has moved to our new website! Please click here or visit mhulot.co.uk/blog.

Up and Away.

10/12/2012 12:46:00 pm

The Red Balloon (Film Still)
Research for AW13 is well under way, and loosing myself in all the wonderful images available at my finger tips, I came across this striking picture and fell in love!

The stark contrast of the balloons alongside the ageing cityscape encapsulates two sides of M.Hulot: earthy, natural, antiqued versus bright, clean and modern.

Further researching the image I found that it comes from the 1954 film 'The Red Balloon' which tells the story of a boy floating over the streets of Paris to escape his bullies. Enchanted by this heart warming tale, I like the image even more so, and know what I'll be watching this Autumnal weekend.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images